Any time you visit the parks at Universal Orlando Resort, you first walk through the streets that is Universal CityWalk. It’s a pretty cool area to visit before, during or even after your theme park experience.
This is an entertainment complex that features dining, entertainment and shopping. It is the cherry on top of the perfect day in-park. To help you plan out your visit, take a look at all the offerings.
Looking for a day of fun or a day or night out? Here are some entertainment experiences fit for kids of any age.
Universal Cinemark: Catch new releases on big screens with state-of-the-art projection and sound systems that put on an incredible show. Enjoy the ultimate in comfort with stadium seating and NEW upgraded seating which includes over-sized luxury plush recliners with extendable footrests and cup holders. When you’re feeling hungry, the concession stands are stocked with sweet snacks, hot food like pizza, hot dogs and nachos as well as a bar.
NEW enhanced experiences:
- Newly installed XD viewing experience is enhanced with a wall-to-wall, floor-to-ceiling screen and a complete surround sound package providing an extreme digital experience.
- Blue Man Group: This is famed worldwide for being an incredible entertainment experience that checks all the boxes. With comedy, theater, rock concert and dance party all in one, this is a show you’ll never forget. For more information and to purchase tickets, visit
- Hollywood Drive-in Golf: 50s sci-fi meets horror flick fun on two interactive 18-hole mini-golf courses. Pick your poison with either The Haunting of Ghostly Greens and Invaders from Planet Putt.
- Hard Rock Live: Prepare to be impressed with the 3,000-seat auditorium boasts state-of-the-art audio, lighting, video, and a full bar and concession stand.
Talk about a night out with friends, family or loved ones. There are options from clubs to piano bars or karaoke. All locations has a cover.
- CityWalk’s Rising Star: It’s time for your big break at Rising Star, our own karaoke club. And imagine how you would sound on stage with a live band behind you. This is a sing-along experience you’ll never forget.
- Pat O’Brien’s: Is this New Orleans or CityWalk? You tell us. This boisterous establishment feels like it’s in the middle of the action on Bourbon Street. Laugh with the dueling pianos as you indulge in authentic cajun cookin’. See the experience
- the groove: Take your plans to the next level with this multi-level dance club with nightly DJs boasting the latest in sound and special effects. You’ll never be thirsty with several uniquely themed full-service bars.
- Bob-Marley- A tribute to freedom: The chillest place in town, these Bob Marley-inspired digs feature Artifacts, photos, and video clips from his storied career that surround you in the open-air veranda and courtyard. Don’t forget to read about the tribute to Universal CityWalk.
- Red Coconut Club: Step into old Havana and soak up the Cuban flair. This ultra-lavish lounge has two levels of music and dancing, topped with intimate dining upstairs and an outdoor patio.
TIP: Take advantage of The CityWalk Party Pass, which entitles one guest admission to Rising Star, Red Coconut Club, Bob Marley – A Tribute to Freedom, the groove and Pat O’Briens on one select day. And there’s opportunity to enhance your time with the VIP upgrade at the groove, Red Coconut Club and CityWalk’s Rising Star. It provides an exclusive seating area, dedicated server and express entry.
FULL SERVICE DINING:
For when you want an immersive and unique dining experience. These restaurants are available for more than just dinner:
- NEW Bigfire: Now Open. Inspired by the cozy nostalgia of cooking over a fire. Open fire cooking is king, where elevated American fare like steaks and freshwater cuisine are given the fiery touch with pairings of different woods, flavoring your meal with smoky goodness. Experience s’mores in a whole new way as graham crackers, chocolate and marshmallows are prepared tableside.
- Toothsome Chocolate Emporium & Savory Feast Kitchen: Dine in an enchanted Steampunk eatery and enjoy savory classic dishes like steak and seafood, as well as an all-day brunch menu featuring crepes and quiches. Save room for their one-of-a-kind desserts.
- (No reservations needed.)
- NBC Sports Grill & Brew: This unique sports-dining experience is unlike anything you’ve ever seen before. Kick back with a cold one with over 100 bottles and drafts to choose from while you watch games on 100 high-definition screens. And this isn’t your typical bar food; a mix of tasty classics and new creations are on the
- Reservations available. Call 407-224-FOOD (3663)
- The Cowfish Sushi Burger Bar: If you didn’t think sushi went with burgers, you’ve never been here. Experience unique burgers or dive into some sushi. Keep them separate or embrace the spirit of Burgushi, a cutting-edge fusion of sandwiches made with sushi stuff, and sushi built with burger stuff.
Or Visit podium to add your number of guests.
- VIVO Italian Kitchen: Indulge in the Italian cuisine of your dreams at this restaurant where traditional flavor meets modern aesthetic. Watch as hand-tossed pizzas emerge from the oven and as chefs make fresh bread, sauce, mozzarella, and pasta before your eyes.
- No reservations needed.
- Hard Rock Cafe: Amp up your dining experience at the world’s largest Hard Rock Cafe. You can see the very suit Elvis wore in the film Viva Las Vegas view hand-painted Beatles posters, and more. But in between drooling over rock memorabilia, drool over this rockin’ time.
- Bubba Gump Shrimp Co.: Live one of your favorite movies at this dining spot. All kinds of shrimp are served here along with a host of Southern favorites, from award-winning baby back ribs to fried chicken, fresh fish dishes, and homemade desserts.
- Jimmy Buffett’s Margaritaville: Relax in the tropical oasis, and try not to be alarmed at the eruption of the margarita-filled volcano at The Volcano Bar. Take a bite of the tropics with items like Grilled Fish Tacos and a Cheeseburger in Paradise. There are 10 variations of margaritas and a host of frozen concoctions on deck.
- Antojitos Authentic Mexican Food: Treat your tastebuds to your favorite latin flavors including the famed tableside guacamole that is the perfect pairing to warm chips and a cold cerveza. The fiesta vibes come to life with live Mariachi music on select nights.
QUICK SERVICE DINING:
You have to eat, and you have to eat now. These are the restaurants for you.
- Hot Dog Hall of Fame: Calling all hot dog connoisseurs! Come chow down on the nation’s most iconic franks, from sauerkraut New York dog and poppy-seed buns to Chicago to authentic Milwaukee bratwurst.
- Panda Express: Get the quick Asian-inspired meals you know and love at this quick service location.
- Fusion Bistro Sushi & Sake Bar: Sushi—done fast. This is your destination for made-to-order sushi, sashimi and temaki hand rolls. You’ll also find bento boxes, beef skewers, dumplings, and specialty fruit-infused sakes for a convenient meal on-the-go.
- Bread Box Handcrafted Sandwiches: Experience the sandwich of your dreams. Get your fix with classics like roast beef, chicken salad, pastrami, patty melts, and more. Add soups, salads, sides and sweet treats (even Twinkies) for an easy and quick meal.
- Red Oven Pizza Bakery: If you’re craving authentic Italian pizza, it’s waiting for you here. Choice from a menu or create a personalized pie that will be baked in a 900° stone-lined oven and cooked in less than 90 seconds. Enjoy the option to dine in or carry out.
- Lone Palm Airport: If you thought you saw Jimmy Buffet’s seaplane in the middle of Universal CityWalk, you were right. It’s actually a waterfront tiki bar where you can get your favorite tropical drinks.
- Burger King: Yep, there’s a Burger King too, for when you just want a burger and fries—fast.
- Moe’s Southwest Grill: Oh yeah, sometimes you just need a fat burrito. Create something great with more than 20 incredibly fresh ingredients like all-natural chicken, grass-fed steak and organic tofu to make burritos, tacos, salads, nachos, burrito bowls, and quesadillas.
DESSERT & TREATS:
Hope you saved room for dessert, because you can’t miss these sweet stops.
- Voodoo Doughnut: The giant, weird and mouth-watering doughnuts you’ve heard about. Indulge in over 50 types of doughnuts! Get funky with options like the Memphis Mafia and the Bacon Maple Bar.
- Toothsome Chocolate Emporium & Savory Feast Kitchen: Experience ultimate indulgence in gourmet chocolates and one-of-a-kind desserts, ranging from artisanal milkshakes to sumptuous sundaes.
- Cinnabon: When you need comfort food, you need cinnamon rolls. Cure your craving morning, day or night with these warm and gooey deliciousness.
- Starbucks: There’s no better place to stop on your way into the parks than with a cup of coffee in your hands.
- Cold Stone Creamery: On your way out of the parks, make a pit stop at this ice cream shop for the pinnacle of ice creams, smoothies, cakes, and shakes.
- Menchie’s Frozen Yogurt: Get your custom ice cream on. Create something just for you with lots of yogurt and topping options at this location.
- Auntie Anne’s Pretzels: You know when you smell pretzels and have to have one? Yeah, us too. Thank goodness there’s one near NBC Sport Grill and Brew.
- Dippin’ Dots: There’s even a spot to grab everyone’s favorite tiny ice cream.
You’ve dined at an incredible restaurant next door and now you’ve dashed over for some much needed retail therapy. It’s time to experience the crazy variety of shopping that CityWalk has to offer.
- Universal Studios Store: Sometimes you just need a good souvenir. Or twenty. All of the cool collectables you could ever want from Universal Studios Florida and Universal’s Islands of Adventure are waiting for you here.
- Quiet Flight Surf Shop: Time to grab some gnarly gear. Stock up on surf-inspired clothing from beach brands like Quiet Flight, Billabong, Vans, Quicksilver, Volcom, Roxy, Ray-Ban, and more.
TIP: Get the perfect Instagram shot outside the shop with the huge wave and share it with #ReadyForUniversal.
- Fresh Produce: You’ll love this cute boutique that stocks lifestyle essentials like beachy apparel and swimwear, vibrant accessories, and adorable homewares. Treat yourself to a bag from Vera Bradley or comfortable footwear from Crocs.
- The Island Clothing Co.: Step into island time with coastal clothes from The Island Clothing Co. Your favorite brands like Tommy Bahama, Quicksilver, Honolua Surf Co. are all in-store.
- Rock Shop: Located right off the Hard Rock Cafe lobby, the Rock Shop sells logo and music-themed apparel, accessories, and souvenirs including an array of world famous City Tees and collectible pins.
- Fossil: You’ll love Fossil’s high-quality leather and accessories like watches, purses and more!
- P!Q: Find wacky gifts and playful toys for kids of all ages at this funky shop.
- Hart & Huntington Tattoo Company: Oh yeah—Universal CityWalk has it all. Even a tattoo shop. Founded and inspired by Carey Hart’s passion, you’ll find perfectly clean tattoo stations to and rockin’ tattoo artists.
Whew. What a guide! Next stop, NBC Sports Grill & Brew. Meet you there at 5 ‘o clock sharp.